Subh-e-Nau Development Research
LOCAL SOLUTIONS FOR A GLOBAL WORLD
SNDR represents the research and development arm of the Subh-e-Nau: An Environment and Public Health Concern, a charity registered as a corporate body with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan, with a diverse history of pioneering initiatives in the fields of health, environment, disaster management and resilience, disability responses amongst other areas.
SNDR’s passionate team strives to provide all encompassing development solutions for building a better world. Deep rooted in forming long-term partnerships, we proud ourselves in being informed and innovative. We believe in providing creative and pragmatic solutions that promise impact.
Our mission is to promote a more equitable, prosperous, forward-looking, efficient and well managed global society. Our business principles are based on synergy through collaboration, esteem, mutual respect and excellence that deliver results exceeding our clients’ expectations.
Dr Jawad, being the founding member, brings his vision of improving global health through development solutions with his wide ranging experience in public health, environment and media. He has conceptualized, developed and implemented projects in various areas of public health including communications, gender equity, population and reproductive health, environmental health and management.
Dr Jawad brings dynamism and innovation, building on experience from reputed international organizations. He renders SNDR its direction in an ever changing global environment toward achieving performance targets and long-term strategic goals. Dr Jawad has authored and contributed to peer reviewed research, technical reports, papers and project proposals for various international organizations, including the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the UN agencies, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, the Aga Khan University, the Population Council, amongst many others.
With the nature of development projects changing, a more integrated, interdisciplinary approach is needed. Dr Farrukh brings synergy to SNDR with holistic input in such assignments. He brings together the strengths of both social and natural science research. His diverse interests as an educationist, engineer, mathematician and physicist give SNDR an integrated and multidisciplinary approach to solving on-ground problems that confront the development world at every turn.
He has traveled extensively, while his recent work focuses on education and public health systems, with application of recent developments in socio-material approaches in these areas. His vision of health, environment and education as key aspects of human life, figures in his work. He renders his exceptionally strong analytical skills to SNDR, with his breadth of knowledge of systems both in the developing and developed nations.
Dr Farrukh’s publications and contributions range from peer reviewed research to book chapters, international research and technical reports. He enjoys collaborations with various national and international organizations based in Pakistan and Canada. He has worked with and for various national and international organizations including the UK Department for International Development (DfID), the University of Toronto, the University of Western Ontario, Cornell University, amongst others.
Dr Ashraf brings her vast experience of working in areas of maternal and child health, nutrition, training, medical education and public health in informing the methodologies, field work, analysis and research design of the group. She was a main part of the famous prospective Lahore studies funded by the Swedish Aid Agency back in the 1990s, and has authored various papers, reports, policies and strategies for national and international agencies. She has served as the Professor of Preventative Paediatrics at the country’s oldest, top medical school, the King Edward Medical University Lahore, and continues to work with national and international agencies, universities and technical development partners.
Helena being an international social worker, community based rehabilitation expert, humanitarian worker and trainer has worked closely with communities in diverse setting across Australia, Europe, Africa and Asia. Being closely associated with SN’s Disability Program, she works in designing disaster responses in diverse and difficult terrains to provide solutions for gender mainstreaming, protection of vulnerable groups including persons with disability.
SNDR’s Associates are multidisciplinary professionals having rich experience and background in public health, sociology, anthropology, economics, education, management, nursing and midwifery, social work, human rights advocacy, data analysis, graphic design, media management and production, amongst others.
Areas of Practice
- Climate Change
- Mother and Child Health
- Public Health
- Environmental Health
- Reproductive Health
- Disability and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Movement, Dance and Art for Rehabilitation
- Environmental Management
- Media and Communications
- Management Sciences
- Event Management
- Policy research and advocacy
- Policy advice, management and analysis
- Evaluations, implementation reviews, rapid assessments
- Program Planning, Management and Implementation
- Proposal development, including concept design for public and the private sectors
- Costing and feasibility of public health, health and relief projects
- Government Procedures, Documents, specifically PC1 Development
- Management: General, HR, Financial, Organizational Development
- NGO Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks
- Curriculum development and training
- HR Development and Management
- Quantitative and Qualitative Research
- Feasibility Studies
- Social, Economic and Poverty Analyses
- Management Information Systems
- Advocacy Research and Development
- Communications Research and Design
- IEC Material Development (Print, Audio, Video)
- Strengthening civil society
- Human Rights Monitoring and Education
- Media Management and Production (Print and Electronic)
- Report Writing and Design
- Corporate Design
- Corporate Event Management
SNDR has close links with national and international public and private sector organizations, research centers and academic institutions. This facilitates access to latest information and expertise, and also to exchange of ideas and reviews.
From distinguishing impediments to identifying opportunities, we are committed to providing meaningful solutions to challenging assignments, characteristic of development projects.Some of the major clients are mentioned below, while several other national programs and NGOs have benefited from our expertise.
BILATERAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCIES
- The UK Department for International Development (DFID)
- The United States Aid For International Development (USAID)
- UN Integrated Mission in Timor Leste East Timor
- The World Health Organization (WHO)
MULTILATERAL DEVELOPMENT BANKS
- The World Bank
- The Asian Development Bank
PUBLIC SECTOR INSTITUTIONS (PAKISTAN)
- Economic Affairs Division (EAD)
- Planning and Development Division (P&D)
- Pakistan Federal Ministry of Health
- Pakistan Federal Ministry of Population Welfare
- Pakistan Provincial Departments of Health
- Pakistan Provincial Departments of Population Welfare
- Pakistan National HIV/AIDS Control Program (NACP)
- Pakistan National Maternal and Child Health Program (NMNCHP)
- Pakistan Medical Research Council (PMRC)
- Sarhad Rural Support Program (SRSP)
- Rural Support Programs’ Network (RSPN)
- The Milestone Society
- Subh-e-Nau: An Environment and Public Health Concern
- The International Development and Relief Foundation (IDRF)
INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATIONS AND UNIVERSITIES
- The Futures Group
- CARITAS International
- The Aga Khan University
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, UK
- University of Toronto, Canada
- University of Western Ontario, Canada
- Save the Children-US
- The Caterpillar Foundation
- Swedish Development Agency (SIDA)
- Australian Catholic Migrant & Refugee Office Canberra (ACMRO)
- Association of Medical Doctor’s Asia Damak Nepal (AMDA)
- Murgwanza Hospital Tanzania
- Norwegian People’s Aid Tanzania (NPA)
- Street Universe South Africa
- Salesian Institute South Africa
- Yehudin Menuhin Foundation Germany
Dr Jawad Chishtie
Lead Associate SNDR
Consultant Public Health Physician and Environmental Management Specialist
330, Street 24, I-8/2, Islamabad, Pakistan
Tel: +9251 4432194
Cell: +92321 8212249